The best all around metal polish and cleaner for bare automotive metals.
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is an incredible metal cleaner and gloss-enhancing polish to remove light imperfections on uncoated aluminum and other polishable metals. Ultra fine abrasives restore a brilliant, like-new shine on bare metals, chrome, and stainless steel. For automotive metals, Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is the best all around metal polish to restore a bright, metallic gloss.
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is all you need to clean and polish metal surfaces on your car, boat, trailer, RV or motorcycle. Its fine diminishing abrasives and ammonia-based cleaner remove surface oxidation and light stains while polishing the metal to a bright gloss. Use Wolfgang Fine Aluminum Polish on aluminum, chrome, stainless steel, brass, copper, magnesium and more.
|Wolfgang MetallWerk™ products will restore, clean, polish, and protect your metals.||Before (left) and After (right) results from using Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Compound.|
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish works like magic on aluminum and chrome wheels. It erases oxidation and brake dust damage with its combination of cleaners and abrasives. Yellowed areas where brake dust has glazed the metal will disappear. The fine abrasives will eliminate the tiny pits where brake dust has begun eating into the metal. Meanwhile, Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish lifts stubborn brake dust and road grime off the metal. This is the grime that's left on the wheels even after you've cleaned them. This polish cleans it all!
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is also step two in a complete, three-part restoration process. Use it after Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound to remove any light swirls or haze created by compounding and to restore a bright, reflective gloss. If you really want wheels and trim to pop, finish them off with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish.
If you are not sure whether the surface in question needs a pre-polish, test a small area by polishing with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish. If it gives you the desired results, there is no need for compounding. If you still see some oxidation and hazy areas, use the Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound and then use Fine Aluminum Polish.
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish should be applied with a dual action or rotary polisher for the best results.
If using a rotary, take care not to burn the metal. Keep the polisher moving at all times. Burnt metal appears bluish. If this happens, allow the area to cool and then go back over it with the polisher. The blue mark cannot be removed in all cases and great care should be taken to avoid burning the metal.
- Put a 50/50 Wool Acrylic Polishing Pad onto your polisher. Wool is the best choice for diamond plate because of the uneven surface.
- Wipe a thin layer of Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish onto the desired surface using an applicator pad.
- Polish between 1200-1500 RPM (or 4-5 OPM on a dual action polisher). Polish until the aluminum appears clean and glossy. * On aluminum, brass and copper, a black residue will appear as you polish. * On chrome and stainless steel, no residue will appear. Polish until stains disappear.
- Wipe the surface clean. If the surface is clean and smooth with a bright gloss, continue to Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Concours Polish. If you can see spots and stains, repeat this process until a uniform shine is achieved.
- Wipe a thin layer of Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish on the desired surface.
- Polish at 3000 RPM until the defects are removed.
- Buff the area to remove any residue. Check your work. Repeat this process if necessary.
- Follow up with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Concours Polish to restore maximum gloss.
How To Clean Wool Pads
As you're working, check the wool pad periodically to make sure it has not become caked with polish. This also makes the pad less effective.
Take a moment to fluff the pad by holding the Duo Spur Pad Cleaning Tool to the wool as the pad spins.
The Duo Spur is a safer way to fluff the pad than steel because a steel brush can remove many wool strands.
The Duo Spur has plastic teeth to push excess polish out of the wool and to restore the texture.
With the polish turned off, lay it on a sturdy surface (like the ground) pad side up.
Turn the polisher on and hold the polisher still with one hand while you hold the Duo Spur against the wool with the other hand. You don't have to apply much pressure.
Be sure to keep your hand clear of the spinning pad.
After just a few seconds, the wool is fluffed and ready to go.
|16 oz. Can|
PEOPLE WHO PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT ALSO BOUGHT:
Fast, friendly service. Highest quality products available anywhere! Completely satisfied I recommend Wolfgang. There was no put on hold to speak to knowledgeable Sales Rep for advice who understood clearly what is in their complete product line and was very helpful. Truly German American Technology at it's finest. Thanks Wolfgang - Jay, G.