Other people may admire the outside your vehicle, but you see the inside every time you drive. Depending on how you use your vehicle, the interior may need even more TLC than the paint! This guide will take you through the basics of interior care. After all, it’s what’s on the inside that counts!
The interior of your car is a relatively small space. Small messes have a huge impact! Keep your interior looking great with weekly quick-cleanings. A little time spent cleaning each weekend will keep your monthly super clean-up from taking up your whole Saturday!
Weekly Cleaning Regimen
- Use a microfiber towel to wipe down all solid surfaces. This microfiber cloth will catch the accumulated dust and minor spills that have occurred since the last detailing.
- A quick vacuuming once a week will keep dirt from building up. Use the Metro Vac N Go 500 Portable Hand Vac.
- Floor mats probably bear the brunt of abuse during the week. Shake them out if they’re not too bad. Depending on how you used the vehicle that week, you might want to run a hand vac over the seats and floor.
With normal wear and tear, this is likely all you need to do on a weekly basis.Monthly Cleaning Regime
Give your interior a thorough cleaning about once a month. If you get into a habit, no spot or stain will go unnoticed.
- Vacuum. Just like in your home, vacuuming makes the single biggest difference in the appearance of a small space.
- Break out your Wolfgang Spot Eliminator and make carpet and upholstery stains vanish. Use our recommended Mat and Carpet Scrub Brush to work the cleaner into the spot and blot it away with a clean towel. Once the spot is dry, you can re-vacuum the treated area to fluff the carpet pile again.
Wipe down all vinyl, plastic and rubber surfaces with a damp Cobra All Purpose Microfiber Towel. Then treat these surfaces
with Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant for lasting protection.
Warning! Avoid silicone-based protectants. Silicone leaves an oily residue and it attracts dust. Over time, it can turn your dashboard yellow. Stick to water-based protectants and you’ll never have to worry about a greasy, yellow interior.
- Next clean the interior glass using a non-ammonia glass cleaner, or simply dampen a Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel . The unique weave of this towel enables you to clean the glass well without any cleaner. As always, Cobra microfiber is lint-free and streak-free.
Use the Mini Two-Way Detailing Brush to get inside the vents and in the seams where only dust, lint and the stray coins will travel. These areas are often overlooked and difficult to clean, but it makes a big difference in the overall appearance of your vehicle’s interior.
- Vinyl seats will come clean with Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner for spills and dust. UV exposure has disastrous effects on both leather and vinyl. Protect your vinyl seats just as you would the dashboard, with Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant.
That’s the lowdown on interior care. If you need more information on the care and conditioning of leather seats, please visit our guide entitled Leather Care